Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thank you Lori E!


Lori E at Family Trees May Contain Nuts was sweet enough to pass the Kreative Blogger award along to me! Thank you so much! I hope I'm creative in some form or fashion, I'm certainly not creative in the crafty/decorating sense. As I'm sure you've discovered, I am terribly craft impaired! I first started following Lori after seeing the title of her blog, which intrigued me to no end. And if you knew my family, you would understand. Let's just say we put the "fun" in dysfunctional! (see #4 below) If you haven't made Lori's acquaintence yet, what are you waiting for? She has a great, fun, always interesting blog. And she is a hoot!

The rules of engagement: I'm supposed to list 7 things about myself that you might not know. I tend to ramble, so you probably know some of these already. And if I start rambling again, just tune me out and listen to the playlist lol!

1) I was born a twin (identical) My sister died several days after birth. And I'll always be thankful that my lovely Aunt Adrienne found out that she was carrying twins first, because Mom gave her what she thought were the best twin names ever - Pamela and Tamela. Who soon became known as Pammy and Tammy. And I'm sorry, I just can't see myself as a Pammy or Tammy!

2) I used to breed and show whippets

3) I was a gearhead in High School. Had a tool box and traffic cones in my trunk. The traffic cones were used to mark off 1/4 and 1/2 mile increments on Dupont Road, where we used to race, er, go for nice safe Sunday drives.

4) I have a relative who is an infamous outlaw (hint, my maiden name was Younger)

5) I'm terrified of snakes. Really, really terrified. Spastic, run screaming down the street, wet my pants phobic.

6) I love marching bands! I love opera. I ADORE jazz. I do NOT like country music (and they still let me live in Texas, bless their hearts)

7) I've worked for the same veterinary clinic for 25 years. After first working in the mortgage banking and title insurance industry. Believe me, I'd rather get bit by dogs and scratched by cats than work in real estate again!

That's it!

Now I am to pass this along to 7 other bloggers. I hate this part, so I'm going to break the rules here a bit (hey, I'm a rebel - see #3 above) If you blog, you have a creative soul in some form or fashion. So if you want to play along, please take this award. Just leave me a comment, because I'd love to learn more about all of you!

7 comments:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Oh honey...I'm with you 100% on the snakes thing. I will RUN RUN RUN away at the mere mention of a snake.

Anonymous said...

LOL, and they haven't run you out of Texas yet???

I, too, worked in real estate, IN CALIFORNIA no less where anybody that had breath in their lungs could get a home loan or a refinance they couldn't really afford. So sad, that industry. I'm happy to be a princess now.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

This was fun to read Kat. I learned a couple of things I didn't know about you, the snakes and country music. You didn't mention that you are funny and a treasure of a friend. Love ya. Hugs, Marty

Lori E said...

Oh my goodness thank you for the wonderful review. Are you available for a press junket?

I am so afraid of snakes my husband has had to carry me over patches of grass where I was sure there was a snake. I scream, I cry, I get dizzing, I run into traffic, I have complete panic attacks. Oh dear no snakes.

I detest country music. My husband likes it. I am all rock and roll mostly from the 60's.

I presume it is Cole Younger you are related to?

We have a lot in common, though I'm not related.

Anonymous said...

OF COURSE YOU WOULD BE BE A HEALING POSITION.AS SWEET AND LOVING AS YOU I CAN SEE YOU JUST WHERE YOU ARE.
I LOVE IT WHEN YOU COME BY TO VISIT.YOU ALWAYS LEAVE MY SPIRIT JUST SOARING.YOUR A GOOD PERSON MS KAT.YOU WOULD ALSO HAVE MADE A WONDERFUL TEACHER.INSURING PRIDE AND DIGNITY IN OUR CHILDREN....ANNIEPOO

Anonymous said...

You(and your blog) are awesome and yep I can see snakes on TV and need to change the channel.

My family tree would be a lucky tree to only have nuts-scientists are currently studying them lol.

Thanks for the hard work. I have no blog as really I'm just too nuts to have anything decent to say but I still wanted to thank you.

Blessings
Lili

Lori said...

Very fun!

I'm posting my 100 post tonight when I get home from work!!!

You have to just spray paint that gold mirror of yours... why not try it...