Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Music challenge - day 1

MMButton


I'm participating in a new event hosted by criticalcrass at Quirky Pickings. Just what I need in my life right now, another meme! But this is a 30 day music challenge. If the subject is music or writing, I can't possibly refuse! Is there a 12 step program for this?

Today's challenge question is "what is your favorite song"

Good grief! How on earth to choose? I decided to pick the song that tends to pop into my head at the most unexpected moments. It also is a big part of the "soundtrack of my life"
I love, love, love Van Morrison. But "Into the Mystic" is the song that stays with me constantly. One of my favorite memories is rocking Caitlin to sleep with this song playing in the background. I love everything about this song. The lyrics, the arrangement, the horns (of course my favorite song had to have horns lol) I can hear this song during the most stressful of times and immediately start to relax. Give it a listen. I've posted the lyrics below and the song is at the top of my playlist. Enjoy!




Into the Mystic - Van Morrison


We were born before the wind
Also younger than the sun
Ere the bonnie boat was won as we sailed into the mystic
Hark, now hear the sailors cry
Smell the sea and feel the sky
Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic

And when that fog horn blows I will be coming home
And when the fog horn blows I want to hear it
I don't have to fear it

And I want to rock your gypsy soul
Just like way back in the days of old
And magnificently we will flow into the mystic.

When that fog horn blows you know I will be coming home
And when that fog horn whistle blows I got to hear it
I don't have to fear it

And I want to rock your gypsy soul
Just like way back in the days of old
And together we will flow into the mystic
Come on girl...

Too late to stop now...


Blogger Templates


Blogger Templates

10 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, I love Van Morrison, too, Kat! That is a great song, and I love "Tupelo Honey" and "Brown Eyed Girl" and so many others.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Cheryl said...

Great choice. VM is one of my all-time favorites. I'm moving away from memes otherwise I'd be all over this one. Good luck with the journey into your archives.

jenn said...

i like it! thanks for playing. :]

Deb said...

I love that song...I never knew the name...great pick...

La Dolfina said...

Hi Kat,
Thanks so much for stopping by La Dolfina and for your comments. I'm always so charmed when you visit!!!
Hope you are having a terrific summer!
xo

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great song Kat. I hadn't heard that in years. Isn't it funny how some songs just continue to be favorites. Great post and nice to hear it again. Hugs, Marty

Lois said...

Beautiful Kat! Thanks for sharing.

Bonnie said...

Hi Kat! Thanks for visiting with me and thanks for reminding me of this song. I was, still am, a BIG Van Morrison fan. I loved Moondance and many others.

Love the new look. Be visiting again soo, Bonnie

Shellbelle said...

Good choice, I love Van Morrison!

I also love the new look and the new Kat's Choice feature. Very cool. I'm rushing in to say thank you for the birthday wishes. I wish you were going to Tampa with me! I'm meeting up with Jane from Artfully Graced for lunch on Friday and then spending the weekend with my daughter and granddaughter. I'm so far behind with deadlines and all that celebrating, but I'll be back next week to find out what else is new with you. Love ya girl!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oooh, Kat! What a perfect meme for you! And a great song choice! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie