Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Good news and bad news - tax day is here, but so is a hint of summer

Bad news - it's tax day! Good news - it's time for Wordless Wednesday, hosted by my favorite gal from French Lique, Miss Dixie. Today's theme is "Tax Day". I don't think any words are necessary, do you? Don't forget to stop by and visit Dixie at http://frenchlique.blogspot.com/ , and check out what every one else thinks of April 15th!





Wednesday is a busy day here in blogland. One of my favorite events is Outdoor Wednesday, hosted by the ever gracious Susan at A Southern Daydreamer. Make sure and visit Susan, she has a beautiful blog. And for all you avid readers, she has started a new blog just for us - A Southern Daydreamer Reads. Make sure to stop by and say hi to Susan at http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ You'll be glad you did!


Here's a sure sign that summer is on it's way. My jasmine is starting to bloom, thanks to the blessing of some decent rainfall this past week.

A close up of one of the blooms. I truly wish that there was "smell-o-vision" for the computer because the scent of this is just heavenly. This is growing on a lattice work frame next to the garage - hubby built it to hide the unsightly garbage bins. The jasmine appears to be very happy here, this started out as a little 1 gallon plant about 4 years ago! It's wonderful to leave for work in the morning and inhale this gorgeous perfume.

I managed to catch one of our resident squirrels playing "peek a boo" through the dining room window.

As you can see, he's quite the acrobat!


Yippee everybody! Barb's back, and she is once again hosting What's on Your Wall Wednesday. If you haven't been by to meet Barb, you really must! She has a beautiful blog, and her energy and talent are just amazing. If you enjoy fabulous decorating tips, fantastic recipes or just Barb's rapier wit, this is one blog you shouldn't miss. This event lets us share what we have displayed on our walls, and I can't think of a better gauge of someone's personality. Stop by http://gritsglamour.blogspot.com/ to see what everyone is sharing this week.


This painting is very special to me. We have the pleasure of knowing the artist, one of the dearest people I've ever met. Her name is Becky Stuart. Becky and her husband have a beautiful home in Pensacola Beach, Florida. We try to make a point to stop and visit them on our way to St. George every year. I had never been to Pensacola Beach until we visited for the first time several years ago, and I immediately fell in love with the beach. It is truly gorgeous, and I had a very hard time leaving.

The last time Becky came through our little town, she brought this painting as a gift to me. I was just stunned by such a beautiful and generous gift. And DH actually framed it almost as soon as we received it. Believe me, that in and of itself is a small miracle! I love this piece so much that I'm actually decorating the guest room around it. Hope you enjoyed this peek at some of our artwork, now stop by Barb's and see what others are showcasing this week.

38 comments:

Dixie said...

Kathy... that first picture... that's how I felt yesterday...
Dixie

Anonymous said...

I think the hair puller pretty much sums up the entire tax day ordeal!!! Cute! Loved your other photos, too, especially that acrobatic squirrel!!Happy Wednesday! Dana

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Kathy - I love that squirrel. I guess I am one of the few who actally feed the little dickens. LOL

Tax Day! ugh! Plz don't mention it. I am going to a "Tea Party" tomorrow. ;-)

I love, love, love that painting. I wanna be Becky's friend, too. :-)That painting made me want to reach out and actually feel the sand. It is absolutely beautiful!!!

Thanks so much for joining in this week's WOYWW.

Hugs my friend, Barb

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Yep the first picture looked like me...

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Kathy! Love your tax pictures! lol Your outdoor pics are gorgeous! Love the squirrel! We don't have any...our trees are too small! :-( The beach painting is wonderful!!! I hope you are having a great week! ...hugs...Debbie
PS...Loved your hail comment!! lol

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Kathy...love your tax photo...doesn't everyone feel like that! I'm with Barb...let's have a tea party! Cute squirrel and the painting is beautiful...very talented lady! Thanks for your visit to my Target birdie post.
:-) Susan

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Kat, that tax picture just made me laugh. Thank goodness ours is done. hurrah!!! The Jasmine is just wonderul and I could almost smell it from the pic. That squirrel is such a cutie. Your painting is fabulous. What a wonderful gift. I can't wait to see the guest bedroom. Hugs, Marty

Kathleen Ellis said...

What a great idea to decorate your guest room to incorporate this beautiful piece of art! Who wouldn't want to wake up to that?!

Your hubby has great advice for those purchasing art...it is completely true!
Happy Wednesday!
;-D

Robin said...

I felt and looked like your first picture at work today!

The squirrel is adorable! Such great pictures!

And the painting....absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Robin :o)

Nancy said...

Hi Kathy - I CAN smell the jasmine! Isn't it the most heavenly fragrance...that and gardenias. Loved your little squirrel AND what's on your wall. That guest room just keeps getting better and better!

And UGH - happy tax day! xoxoNancy

Candy said...

Cute squirrel. Was just watching a little mating dance the other day...funny.
Happy W post all around, Candy

The Raggedy Girl said...

Wow three posts for the price of one...what a bargain.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday
from Roberta Anne--The Raggedy Girl

Jill said...

Happy WW!

the wild raspberry said...

whhhooo...you are a busy gal fitting 3 into 1! i love the smell of jasmine...it is better than any perfume man can make!
have a great wordless, on the wall, outdoor wednesday!
chasity

Dawn Marie said...

I absolutely love this post. I love the squirrel, I love the jasmine, i love the painting. I so wish I could smell that jasmine.

LADY JANE said...

Loved your post...Outdoor Wed. was most refreshing after thinking about TAX DAY!

Joyce said...

Wow you covered all the bases today with a triple post. Love the little guy peaking out of the tree.
Joyce

Barb said...

Kathy, love all your pictures...especially the squirrel!

Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

Barb

Kathysue said...

Hi Kat, tax pict is too funny!!! I know the feeling.I have a resident squirrel also and he is a delight to watch.Jasmine mmmmm I can smell it through the computer, it is such a wonderful frangrant plant with its glossy green leaves. I have it in my backyard I will have ot go see if I am getting blooms yet. I have it around my kitchen window and its lovely fragrance just wafts into the house. I am in envy for your painting, that is beautiful and how perfect for the guest room. thanks for sharing,hugs Kathysue

SmilingSally said...

I love that painting. You are fortunate to know the artist.

Your squirrel is a show off.

And, tax day ... groan!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Kathy,
Love all the photos!!! The squirrel is too cute!!!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Anonymous said...

the tax pics are right on.the sand pic is totally awesome.it looks so real.but my fav,sorry,is the squirrel.i too love them .they are so precious.i know,other people say they are rats with tails.rats ARE NOT this cute.we don't have any either.our trees are all tiny.baaaa..ann

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

GM Kathy...girl I love the squirrel's we have 3 feeder boxes of peanuts out for them...I just love watching all the things that they do..love your painting just beautiful..now about Tax day no words needed...Ha ha!! may you have a great day dear friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

After visiting you earlier today I decided to come back by and follow your blog.

Thanks so much for visiting me today...come back soon!!!

Have a great day!!!
XOXO
Cathy

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

Hi Kathy,
That squirrel looks like he's doing a chin up! LOL! Your painting is beautiful and reminds me of one my mother and I did in a painting seminar! You've inspired me to get my brushes back out! Tax photo hilarious! Luanne

Valerie said...

Lovely photos! I'm jealous...hint of summer?!!! I'd take a hint at spring right about now!

Blessings to you from Kansas,
Valerie

Elena said...

Great pictures for tax day! I liked the squirrel ones too.

Kelly K said...

What a beautiful painting! What a beautiful gift!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Kathy..Sorry I haven't been around as much lately..... I haven't felt good. Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

Linda C said...

Great tax day pictures! We have squirrels like that in our yard also:)

Your art is beautiful!


Happy WW!

Linda C

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh Kathy, that squirrel looks like he's putting on a show for your camera! How cute! Love your painting on your wall, and your tax pictures were great! laurie

Neabear said...

Thanks for visiting me. I am guessing you are also band parents, or were. We were busy band parents for 7 years between the two kids. I also used to be in the band as well. Enjoyed your post. We have squirrels scampering around our place too.

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Your post is great, but that seascape is gorgeous! Reminds me of Hilton Head! Linda

Beth at Aunties said...

The Jasmine looks so pretty and I bet it does smell Heavenly. This is the time of year we need to of smell~ a ~vision!
Sorry Tax day was a hard day for you.... the beach does take you away to a calmer place. Thanks for sharing all three!

The Muse said...

Hey, I sure love that squirrel! Maybe he is the crazy dude that did my taxes ... LOL LOL

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Hey Kathy thanks for coming by...and girl its the truth when my daughter leaves here I say good by to my house...I post an Easter cake stand I got a few weeks ago and she came for Easter and took it right off my table boxed it up and off it went..I stood in the driveway scrathing my head thinking WOW!I hoped I didn't liked that cake dish..I only had it for 4 days and gone...When I go to her home its like walking into my Old house ha ha!! And Kathy if I tell her she can have it after I'll dead..she tells me "Mom you should want to see me happy while your alive" See can't win for losing with that one..I am afraid to post anything new on my blog now ha ha!!any hoo thanks for coming by girl...hugs and smiles dear friend...Gl♥ria

nikkicrumpet said...

Tax day...not so fun. My poor hubby has a bald spot from pulling out his hair! And squirrels are not my friend...sure they're cute...but they keep eating my bulbs!!! That picture of your beautiful painting made me catch my breath...she is a wonderful artist!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Kat! Just swinging by to see how you are doing! Did you get to go to the festival? I hope so! You've been working too hard lately!! lol Hugs...Debbie