Thursday, April 16, 2009

Calling All Texas Bloggers

Calling all Texas Bloggers! It's Spring and that means it's time for the Annual Red Poppy Festival in Georgetown! This year's festival will be held on Saturday and Sunday April 25-26th. If you are in the area and would like to meet up on Saturday, E-mail me through my blog and we'll get together! This is such a fun event, with plenty to see and do. Stroll around the square and visit some of our great shops, or find something from one of the many arts and crafts vendors set up on the square. Love music? There are performances throughout the day, with an old fashioned street dance in the evening.

Everyone loves a parade!

On your mark, get set, SHOP!

They'll be dancing in the streets!
Car show

This is a fun event, with plenty for everyone to do. There is a children's area with activities, moon walks, "train rides" and face painting. And of course, there will be a food court so you can satisfy that funnel cake craving! The parade starts at 10:00 sharp. A word of warning, parking can be a bear, so if you want to see the parade, get here as early as you can! If you're interested in meeting up, drop me an E-mail. Looking forward to seeing some of you here. For a full list of events and activities, click here:
http://poppy.georgetown.org/

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Kathy,i want to go.baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
maybe next year huh?yall have fun.think of me,at least once,ok?love ya...ann

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a great fun event. I so miss living in a small town where everyone gets together and has fun. We did that all the time when I lived in Bend, Or. Here in the desert, it's just a big city, nothing like this. I hope you have a great time, and maybe you'll meet some of your blogger buddies. Hugs, Marty

Nancy Wyatt said...

Hmmmm.....just pulled it up on mapquest and it says it's only 2.5hrs from me! hehe I already made other plans otherwise I totally would have gone! Glad to know we aren't too far from each other! hugs from Conroe, TX!

xinex said...

This looks like a fun event, Kathy. Wish I could go there, I am jealous!...Christine

The Muse said...

God bless Texas!!!!
:)
Love The Muse! :)

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

This sounds like a fun event! We have our Dutch festival in May. I can't wait!
Hugs, Terrie

Unknown said...

Ya'll sure know how to party in Texas. Sounds like lots of fun and I sure hope you have beautiful weather and enjoy every minute of it.
Happy Twirls

~CC Catherine said...

Kathy, I finally got to post about the award you blessed me with earlier this month! Sorry that it took me so long. You are a sweetie! ;) ~CC Catherine

DesignTies said...

Thanks for dropping by DesignTies, Kathy - I love having you visit because you always leave us such great comments!! Come any time haha!!

Hope you have fun at this Poppy festival. I love poppies!

Victoria @ DesignTies

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a fun event! Love yout blog and all the of the layout...You have done a great job...Hope you will stop by and visit me..
I am a Texas girl...for most of my life.

xinex said...

Good morning, Kathy! Your get together is coming soon....how exciting! Thanks for swinging over and for the bday greetings. Our bday is on the 29th....Christine

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh Kat! This looks like such fun! Too bad I am so far away!! Be sure to take lots of pics for us to see!!!...hugs...Debbie

Barbara said...

Kat, I would love to come and I see I am only 120 miles, but I don't like to travel by myself and it seems a little late to look for someone else. I will let you know for sure by Friday.