Sunday, March 20, 2011

Saturday Centus - Haunted House? Part Two

I couldn't resist. This was such a fun prompt, and I couldn't let the boys run screaming into the night without knowing what was in that house. So I've written a second story. Same prompt, same rules. Don't have a clue what I'm talking about? Click here to read the first part of this story. Click here to visit Jenny and her amazing band of Centusians for Saturday Centus!


Haunted House? Part two

With the curtain parted, Frankie watched the boys run screaming down the street. Laughed so hard he got a bellyache. Nobody was going to win 5 bucks from him, even if it meant sneaking into this creepy old place to play a prank on his little brothers. What goobers! Greg probably wet his pants when that curtain moved, and Bill took off so fast Frankie swore his sneakers were smoking. Now he just had to slip out without being seen. If the folks knew he'd been in the Sawyer place, they'd tan his hide.

Funny, he didn't remember locking that door behind him...

19 comments:

Jo said...

Oh no you didn't ..... you left us with another cliffhanger!!!! I think we all need a part 3!

Bonnie said...

Uh, oh! Hi Kat thanks for visiting with us in SD. Will there be a part 3?????

xo Bonnie

Ames said...

Creepy! I wouldn't be that stupid to go inside in the first place!Outta there!~Ames

Susan Anderson said...

Okay, now you've gone and made the cliffhanger even worse! You're killin' us here...

;)

Tina said...

your story brings back some spooky moments of my own in the past *shiver* lol

cj Schlottman said...

Kat,

Sounds like something my three brothers would have done to me. Well crafted and so visual, as always. Smoking sneakers and wet pants! I'm now waiting for next Saturday!

Namaste..........cj

Judie said...

Hahahaha! I LOVE it! Now it's Frankie's turn to wet his pants!!!!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Oh this was fun, Kat! We NEED a part three! :)

PS: My daughter-in-law is expecting grandson #2, not my daughter ..any day now..any day now...lol!

jabblog said...

I think you've set yourself a task:-)
What's going to happen in part three??

Nonna said...

Fabulous job Kat !!! I'm thinking about an ongoing episode in my own childhood that was similar to this one...Love continuing stories and a cliffhanger !

Shellbelle said...

YES! I loved this, you just have that knack for finding the perfect line to end each of your assignments from Ms. Jenny. Thank you so much for doing some extra-credit work and adding this second part! Honey, you're just such fun!!!!!

Hugs

Rek Sesh said...

Now its his turn to freeze....perfect continuation...hoping to read more, whether it was the wind or the nasty old man himself... :)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

HA! HA! Now you have to write another one about something scaring Frankie before he gets out of the house! You do such a great job with this. Heck! My comments are longer than 100 words, and you say so much with those 100 words. laurie

Lynn said...

OK, keep going! What happens next?
I love the way you write!

Maria said...

Yikes! Someone had the last laugh!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh, Kat! I love this! You really have a way of getting right to the point! I am remembering an old "haunted" house in my hometown that some of the kids would dare each other to visit...but not me! lol Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

The Muse said...

The selection of words used to relay to the reader the tale from the boys point of view...(goobers and wet his pants) ...
Definitely puts you in his mind set~

And now...he does indeed have a Tom Sawyer event ready to unfold~!!!!

Jenny said...

I love you!

I was so excited when this link opened...but darn you girl, you still left us hanging.

I like the 'Tom Sawyer' feel of this. Clever writing... Next, please!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

You are GOOD! :-)

XOXOXO,

Sheila