Monday, November 9, 2009

We're back!

We just got back from Rockport and we had a wonderful time! I've got some beautiful pictures of the water and the Fulton Mansion to share with you. But right now I just want to share a bit of the opening night of the Rockport Film Festival. As you know, the movie we were most excited about seeing was CHOPS. This is the story of a Jacksonville (yes Sheila, Jacksonville Florida!) high school jazz band auditioning and being accepted to the Essentially Ellington Jazz Festival in New York City.



Rockport Center for the Arts. This was the location of the opening night reception and outdoor screening of CHOPS. If you ever have the chance to visit Rockport, make sure that this is one of your stops. It's a beautifully restored old home that was donated to the Art Center. There is always something exciting going on here!

Live music at the reception. They were wonderful!


There was a wonderful exhibit called "Shorelines" going on during the film festival. Some really beautiful and interesting pieces were on display.

Thanks to Alicia Ross, we finally got a picture of all three of us together! Usually whoever is taking the picture is missing.

I was able to embed the trailer from the movie CHOPS. If you get the opportunity to see this movie, please do! It's an amazing film that shows the amount of work and soul that these kids put into their music. I'm going to order the DVD this week, because this is a film I want to watch over and over again!

Chops Trailer from B-Side Entertainment on Vimeo.

I will be sharing some more pictures later this week for Outdoor Wednesday and Weekend Reflections. Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

UPDATE: Just found out that CHOPS is available on Netflix!

12 comments:

Deb said...

nice family photo...looks like yall had a good time..

Unknown said...

Hi there....saw your comment on my recent post! It seems like you and I are always criss crossing over Texas. I'm excited to see you pics of the Fulton Mansion. The first and only time I went to Rockport this summer...we didn't have a chance to go in...just drive by!
And YES...I LOVE Hollandaze...do you know Laurie...she's just the sweetest thing! My cousins I visit don't live too far from the shop and are frequent shoppers. If you go in tell her Susan, from Houston said HI. I emailed her store that she's "made the blog" but don't know if she got it!
I LOVE Georgetown and next time I'm coming for a visit I'll give you advanced notice and maybe we can meet for coffee. My niece that goes to SWestern LOVES animals and volunteers at a shelter there and would be very impressed with your job. :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, what a fun time you had! I have got to check into this. I hadn't heard about it before, so I'm interested to know that they are from Florida. Mr. Magpie and I were just having this discussion the other day... there are a bunch of FAMOUS musicians from Jacksonville for some reason. He was naming them, and there are lots of names you'd recognize from rock and roll to country and now this! Gotta keep up on my Floridians! ;-)

Thanks for sharing. I will tell the hubs later.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful vacation. Looking forward to more photos of the mansion.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Welcome home! So glad you had a great trip. Can't wait to see more pictures. I watched the trailer, and that looks and sounds like one of those movies where I want to stand up and cheer! laurie

Debra Howard said...

Wow, it looks like you had a nice visit to Rockport. It is such a beautiful area.
Debbie

DesignTies said...

Thanks for sharing the CHOPS trailer. It looks like an interesting and inspiring movie.

Looking forward to seeing pictures from your trip :-)

Kelly

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Kat, I am so glad you guys had a great time. It was also so good to see a pic of all three of you. You guys look so good. The chops trailer was wonderful. Such a great event. Hugs, Marty

Lynette said...

Glad y'all had a great time and are home safe and sound! What a great looking family - I'm glad I finally got a chance to see all of y'all at one time!

Can't wait to hear/see more of your trip!

Welcome Home -

Nancy said...

Hi Kathy - I'm just catching up on your blog posts. Sounds like a fabulous trip "sittin on the dock of the bay". I had a the neatest etching on black of The Fulton Mansion in The Roost for the longest time and then one day it sold. After reading this I'm surprised it didn't sell sooner. I'll for sure plan to see Chops - sounds good. I'm so glad to see the water flowing in the San Gabriel. Loving the rain and our cool weather. xoxo Nancy

Lee said...

Welcome back and glad you had some well deserved fun... looking forward to seeing more!
Lee

James said...

It looks like you had a great time. I have went to Rockport when I had the chance. I'll have to checkout chops for sure.

Have a great week!