Sunday, November 15, 2009
Lori E at Family Trees May Contain Nuts was sweet enough to pass the Kreative Blogger award along to me! Thank you so much! I hope I'm creative in some form or fashion, I'm certainly not creative in the crafty/decorating sense. As I'm sure you've discovered, I am terribly craft impaired! I first started following Lori after seeing the title of her blog, which intrigued me to no end. And if you knew my family, you would understand. Let's just say we put the "fun" in dysfunctional! (see #4 below) If you haven't made Lori's acquaintence yet, what are you waiting for? She has a great, fun, always interesting blog. And she is a hoot!
The rules of engagement: I'm supposed to list 7 things about myself that you might not know. I tend to ramble, so you probably know some of these already. And if I start rambling again, just tune me out and listen to the playlist lol!
1) I was born a twin (identical) My sister died several days after birth. And I'll always be thankful that my lovely Aunt Adrienne found out that she was carrying twins first, because Mom gave her what she thought were the best twin names ever - Pamela and Tamela. Who soon became known as Pammy and Tammy. And I'm sorry, I just can't see myself as a Pammy or Tammy!
2) I used to breed and show whippets
3) I was a gearhead in High School. Had a tool box and traffic cones in my trunk. The traffic cones were used to mark off 1/4 and 1/2 mile increments on Dupont Road, where we used to race, er, go for nice safe Sunday drives.
4) I have a relative who is an infamous outlaw (hint, my maiden name was Younger)
5) I'm terrified of snakes. Really, really terrified. Spastic, run screaming down the street, wet my pants phobic.
6) I love marching bands! I love opera. I ADORE jazz. I do NOT like country music (and they still let me live in Texas, bless their hearts)
7) I've worked for the same veterinary clinic for 25 years. After first working in the mortgage banking and title insurance industry. Believe me, I'd rather get bit by dogs and scratched by cats than work in real estate again!
Now I am to pass this along to 7 other bloggers. I hate this part, so I'm going to break the rules here a bit (hey, I'm a rebel - see #3 above) If you blog, you have a creative soul in some form or fashion. So if you want to play along, please take this award. Just leave me a comment, because I'd love to learn more about all of you!
Posted by Kat at 9:07 PM