Tuesday, June 2, 2009
I have been "8 Tagged" by Robin from http://alabamaslackermama.blogspot.com/ and Sue from Our Really Empty Nest http://ahrfamilyproperties.blogspot.com/ I apologize to you lovely ladies for taking so long to post this, but this week has truly been H-E-doubletoothpick week! This is a really fun way to get to know each other better, so I hope you all enjoy this and join in the fun!
Now here are the rules...
1. Mention the person (or people) who tagged you.
2. Complete the list of 8's.
3. Tag 8 other bloggers and let them know they have been tagged.
So here are my 8 - what are yours?
8 things I am looking forward to:
1. The transition at work being finalized.
2. Convincing the new boss that we really do need to hire some additional staff!
3. Going to Rockport over the 4th for the Rockport Art Festival
4. Getting Cait's financial aid finalized
5. Redecorating the guest room - we have people coming to visit in August, so I have a deadline!
6. Working on some patio planters
7. The new James Lee Burke novel in July
8. The new Harry Potter movie in July
8 things I did yesterday:
1. Checked in 8 surgery cases before 7:30 am
2. Spent 20 minutes on the phone with the Texas Workforce Commission
3. Fixed the printer at work - actually it wasn't the printer, it was the printer operator, but since
he's the boss I didn't think I should tell him that lol
4. Transferred all the old corporate accounts to the new corporation - talk about paperwork!
5. Referred a sick pup with an obvious foreign body obstruction on rads to a surgery specialty center - turns out the baby had eaten a penny which was lodged and starting to decompose - the owners brought me the penny so I could see it!
6. Took my cat into the clinic in a pillowcase because I couldn't find our carrier anywhere!
7. Ran screaming from the building after an incredibly crazy day (not really, but boy I wanted to)
8. Came home and watched the Big Bang Theory and laughed my head off - Sheldon is definitely the best medicine!
8 thing I wish I could do:
1. Have more time to volunteer
2. Be debt free
3. Go to Florida again this year
4. Garden - I've got a horrible case of "black thumb"
5. Play an instrument
6. Have more time to cook the way I like to cook!
7. Hire a cleaning person!
8. Find (new) employees with an actual work ethic - most of the ones I have now are great!
8 Shows I watch:
1. Big Bang Theory
4. House Hunters/House Hunters International
5. American Idol
6. CBS Sunday Morning
7. Texas Monthly Talks
8. Austin City Limits
8 favorite fruits:
1. Clementines 2. Blueberries 3. Strawberries 4. Watermelon 5. Pineapple 6. Raspberries 7. Blackberries 8. Fuji apples
8 places I'd like to travel:
1. Charleston, SC
2. Savannah, GA
3. San Francisco, CA
4. British Columbia (but only in the summer!)
5. New Zealand
6. Key West
8. Germany - to drive the Nuremberg Ring just ONCE!
8 places I've lived:
1. Georgetown, TX Thornton Lane
2. Georgetown, TX Main Street
3. Round Rock, TX Misty Morning Way (isn't that just the prettiest street name)
4. Philadelphia PA Winton Street
5. Ft. Wayne IN Sunnybrook Lane
6. Ft. Wayne, IN Ivy Point Place
7. Columbus, MS (think it was RFD number, not an actual street name - sorry, I was a rugrat then)
That's all folks
8 people I have tagged:
Now this is a tough one....there are so many of you that I would like to know more about. Maybe this will make the rounds and everyone will eventually do it!
1. Lulo @ All in a Day's work http://blueeyedtango.blogspot.com/
2. Terrie @ Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity http://terriedj.blogspot.com/
3. Debbie @ Texas Tumbleweed Travels http://texastumbleweedtravels.blogspot.com/
4. Linda @ Nina's Nest http://ninasnest.blogspot.com/
5. Jane @ Blondie's Journals http://blondiesjournals.blogspot.com/
6. Nancy @ My Crafty Little Page http://mycraftylittlepage.blogspot.com/
7. Deb @ Ladybug from Texas http://ladybugfromtexas.blogspot.com/
8. Christine @ Christine's Home and Travel Adventures http://christineshomeandtraveladventures.blogspot.com/
I usually have a hard time finding enough blogs to tag, but there are so many more of you that I want to know about. Please feel free to take this to your blog and share.
Posted by Kat at 6:51 AM