Thursday, May 21, 2009

Foodie Friday - TGIF!

It's Friday! Finally, time to celebrate with food, friends and fun. We're all invited to a potluck at Michael's aka Gollum at http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/ Can't wait to see what everyone is bringing this week. And of course, browse her gorgeous blog to see what she has been up to. Her home is gorgeous, and wait til you see her tablescapes!

This week I'm sharing what has become one of my favorite "go to" meals. It's easy, quick and uses readily available ingredients. It's also easy to double or triple for a crowd. I'm serving it for dinner tonight, but these are great for a buffet or party snacks.

I first saw this in Everyday with Rachel Ray. PB & J sticky wings. I thought they sounded great, but DH tends to be a little less adventurous with food ingredients. So I just told him they were oven baked sticky wings! I waited until after he asked for seconds to tell him how they were made. Start out by whisking the ingredients together. I know it doesn't look very appetizing, but it is a great marinade.

Next, let the wings go swimming for awhile - anywhere from an hour to overnight.

See, they really do come out nicely. I like to serve them with sweet potato fries, a nice green vegetable and some sweet tea. Easy and delicious - or as Rachel would say "yummo"


PB & J Sticky Wings - Everyday with Rachel Ray

Ingredients:

1/2 C natural peanut butter
1 10 oz jar of grape jelly
1/4 C red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce (I use 1/2 tsp plus a few more "shots" for good measure)
1/4 tsp salt
12 chicken wings, tips discarded and separated at the joints (I cheat and use the little drumettes)
Cilantro, for garnish

In a large bowl or plastic container, whisk together the peanut butter, jelly, red wine vinegar, hot sauce and salt. Place wings in the marinade, turning to coat well. Marinate for 1 hour up to over night.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a greased rack on a foil lined baking sheet. Place wings on rack, bake for 30 minutes. Turn, marinate with pan juices, bake for additional 20 minutes. Garnish with cilantro if desired.


Hope you enjoy these as much as we do. Now let's go to Michael's and see what else is on the menu!

27 comments:

susan said...

Whodathunkit? Sometimes the things that sound the strangest turn out to be the very best recipes. My family are all wing lovers so I will have to give this a try!

Anonymous said...

All I can say - YUM!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

PAT said...

Well..pbj wings! They look delicious!

Amy said...

I must try that marinade vegetarian style! Thanks for sharing.

amy@maisonbelle

Rattlebridge Farm said...

If it's got peanut butter, I'm there. :-) I have been searching for meals like this--they look and taste great and you don't have to spend 50 hours in the kitchen. Thanks so much!
Hugs

bj said...

Well, good grief...I've never heard of this but I bet they are DELICIOUS. Thanks so much for sharing...gonna try this for dinner tomorrow night....and one of our favorite things in the whole world...Sweet Pot. Fries!!

Robin said...

Yummmy! That sounds really good! I need to try this!

{{HUGS}}

Robin ;o)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Kat, they look delicious. My DH is like yours, I would have to just make them and not tell him what it was. Sounds so good. I will definitely give it a try. Hugs, Marty

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

this sounds sooo good! I am going to have to try this soon! Happy Foodie Friday! Have a great weekend ~ Susan

xinex said...

Looks really good, Kathy!...Christine

Martha said...

Husband would like this -- he loves anything peanut butter!

Unknown said...

Very interesting...
Ummmm please pass those sweet potato fries...

~Really Rainey~

Unknown said...

We're all pb&j lovers in this house. So, I will definitely try this one! Stop by and visit my food post; if you like what you see, click on the "Follow" button on the right. Also, think about placing my boutique button on your site for easy access. It's the Gold Frame on the top right side that has porcelain roses. Should you want me to add you to my Food Blog list, just leave me a message.

Four Paws and Co said...

Yummm, this sounds wonderful! ☺ Diane

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a treat for company this weekend. Have a great holiday and thanks for the recipe.

Barbara said...

Kathy, Thanks for a great recipe, hope you have a great weekend.

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

The combinations that girl thinks up :)

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, I'm a fan of fried pickles too! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Deb said...

never heard of them.....looks interesting...

Anonymous said...

I know I like peanut chicken, but I have never heard of jelly with it....would probably be really good.

joyh82 said...

these sound good ;)
Have a great weekend!

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Kathy, all I can say is, if there is peanut butter in it, I know it's delish! My daughter makes a chicken soup recipe with pb in it at the last minute and it is yummy! Linda

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

May you have a wonderful Memorial day weekend my friend...hugs and smiles...Gl♥ria

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Don't you sometimes wonder who thinks of these? Like how did they just know that these would be so good! Thanks for the share.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Amazing! I'll have to try this one. Never would have thought to use p'nut butter! Thanks for the recipe. laurie

Dixie said...

Kathy...thanks for your comments on my "stuff" post. I enjoy your posts... and love to hear about your life and family... it's good to know that I'm not the only one with some thoughts about all the stuff... ;)

Happy Memorial Day.

The Muse said...

Husband says he will have to try these on the grill!